Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 41
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister
The plan all along is that whoever hosts one of these events will pay the DED as commercial rights holder a fee for the priviledge of doing so.  The motivation is to use the TT name to try and forge economic links with other countries that perhaps don't deal with the IOM at present.

I don't believe that existing events such as the UGP would come under consideration because the IOM and Northern ireland alre already very well aware of eachother and as previously mentioned, what benefit would the UGP gain from paying a big wedge of cash to the DED to use the TT name?

I believe it's already been decided that the TT would be the final round of this theoretical championship.

Yes, it's a pity there aren't any (un)civil servants on here to tell us that regardless of our experience, depth of knowledge or contribution to the TT that we're all just conspiracy theorists whose opinion is irrelevant.  We'll just have to struggle on without I guess...
12-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isle of Man TT world series plan remains viable, says minister - by sticky - 12-12-2014, 01:40 PM