Formula E vs TT Zero vs TT World Series
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Formula E vs TT Zero vs TT World Series
(31-03-2015, 01:13 PM)Mugen Wrote:
(31-03-2015, 11:04 AM)Kursaal Flyer Wrote: Mugen
1. With the bike as it was last year how far would it get into a second lap before a lack of power was experienced,  or put another way ran out of petrol ? The strategy is to use the power during the lap to go as fast as possible, although it is not quite as simple as that because as the battery voltage reduces the ability for the battery to supply the full power efficiently reduces. Therefore to be able to run full chat all the way round you need to have a bit more battery capacity on board than you would need just to get the lap in. So you could certainly start into a second lap but the available power available would be reduced. Below a certain level the battery cells start to destroy themselves and then eventually you would run out of fuel. As far as I know we have not simulated how far into a second lap that might be. It's a complicated answer I know, but it's not a simple subject.

2. Assuming the answer to question 1 is not another lap, would the power have to be restricted much to complete a second lap ? The answer has a lot of the same elements as question 1, but I guess you would be back into sub-100mph laps (or maybe somewhere around 2011/2012 levels). Of course you have to remember that so far only 2 teams have broken the 100mph barrier for a single lap (iirc) so this would only apply to bikes at this level of development.
Thankyou for the response.
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
31-03-2015, 02:47 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Formula E vs TT Zero vs TT World Series - by Kursaal Flyer - 31-03-2015, 02:47 PM