Hillier says some people have gotten away with things they shouldn't?
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
RE: Hillier says some people have gotten away with things they shouldn't?
Any idea when Hillier made this comment, ie was it during TT chat show, pre-race/post-race interview, news report?
I can check my tapes as I have pretty much all of the RadioTT fortnight show recorded.

Between the Radio & TV Broadcasts I took it that the oversize piston protest was for a lower order rider and Michael's DQ was, first cam sprocket, then cam/valve buckets. One item that the TV Talking Heads got wrong was the DQ for slightly over sized camshaft on (they said) Bruce Ansty's bike.
I remember that it was for Hutchy's bike and it cost him a podium and may have bumped Bruce onto the podium. Being about a decade ago I think, was much discussion over in the IOMTT forum 'bout it.

I thought the comments in the press interview were very poor, Ian saying "think about it" as he may not come back to the TT till things are sorted out, Michael going on about being a privateer, buying factory 'full works engines' that 'anyone' can buy, then admits that he has a 'inside' man in the "foreign country".  Whats up with that?  Afraid to say Germany? He said Munich in earlier interviews, is this 'inside man' in some other country?
Then goes on about everyone 'giving' him everything!

sheeech I predict some PR Media lessons coming someones way.
Mab'be that's a job for the "Old Fart" when he hangs it up!

Speaking of the the old fart, what was John's return comment about the 135mph lap boast? I listened to it several times but I guess I'm missing out somewhat on the accent mab'be.

Rick
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
11-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillier says some people have gotten away with things they shouldn't? - by RedlineRick - 11-06-2016, 05:07 PM