Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time?
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time?
I just watched the Senior press conference and I’d have to say it wasn’t good viewing.

For me the sportsmanship and comradery of the riders at the TT has always been a big part of the attraction. Hutchy came across as a whinger (which he often does) and MD wheeled out his usual bitter hard done by / underdog act (plus the usual veiled references to how he’s been crossed). What a contrast to McG who (as usual) showed great humility, dignity and humour.

There is no doubting that they are both exceptional TT racers and they will set the standard for the next generation but I think for the first time since I became hooked on the TT in the early 90’s I see a TT winner(s) who I wouldn’t be interested in having a beer with (either of them).

Hopefully they’ll do a Foggy and discover some of these life skills when they wrap up racing.

I’m with you Numpydad. Greatness is more than just the results.
Warning Level 0% since 2006
13-06-2016, 05:41 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time? - by Sam Pato - 13-06-2016, 05:41 AM