NW200 Top Team and riders withdrawn
milestone 11 Offline

Threads: 9
RE: NW200 Top Team and riders withdrawn
I believe the removal by the organisers of FHO from the grid for the Superstock was disgraceful. The action gave the event little credibility and damaged the credibility of the sport as a whole. However, I wonder which wheels FHO intended to use in the Superbike class.

There is no doubt that the Superstock regs are ambiguous at best, as in reality, the rules did not allow them to use any wheels at all. the rule covering Superstock are copied here.

Quote:10. Wheels:
● Wheels must remain as originally produced by the manufacturer at the time of
sale into the dealer/distributor network for the homologated machine.
● No Carbon fibre composite wheels are allowed, only aluminum alloys wheels
are permitted to be used.

Based upon this rule FHO were right to withdraw from the meeting only on the basis of the Superstock. If it were the intention to use the carbon wheels in the Superbike class, which I'm sure they were as they claimed to have no alloy wheels at all, they clearly would have been in breach of the rules because they are worded, right or not, very differently as can be seen below,

Quote:8. Wheels
● Wheels may be replaced and associated part may be altered or replace from
those fitted to the homologated motorcycle.
● Aftermarket wheels must be made from aluminum alloy.
● No Carbon fibre composite wheels are allowed, only aluminum alloys wheels
are permitted to be used

It seems to me that possibly both FHO and BMW need to read the rules a little more carefully or was their total withdrawal merely a device to save face in the longer term? Regardless, this nonsensical rule only applies to the NW 200 and other Northern Irish road racing.
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2023, 11:26 AM by milestone 11.)
14-05-2023, 11:18 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NW200 Top Team and riders withdrawn - by civ - 13-05-2023, 12:58 PM
RE: NW200 Top Team and riders withdrawn - by milestone 11 - 14-05-2023, 11:18 AM