Luxury hospitality
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Luxury hospitality
I have now heard from a very senior member of the ACU regarding my posting about a ride around the TT course in a official car during roads closed. This gentleman has been very honest and open in his reply to me, and I thank him for that . He has told me that in the past when people have asked for a ride around the TT course in a official car during roads closed they have been told that the TT insurers would not permit this to members of the public at any price !!. He tells me that this reason is not strictly true and in the past the "insurance" card has been overplayed, and in his opinion the real reason has been, if they allow one person the privilege,.......well where do they draw the line. However, he tells me that a TT hospitality package has sold well, and the people that have paid for this package WILL be given the privilege of a lap around the TT course in an official car during roads closed ( I believe that this hospitality package sells for £1,649.00). I am also told that the TT insurance company and their brokers are content for this to take place, as appropriate cover has been put in place. I also believe that this opportunity is available to VIP's, dignatories and guests of the organizers.

This indeed has answered my original question, however I know of people who have sponsored the normal club rider, people who have supplied for many years tyres and fuel for riders, race engineers, people who have helped keep the TT going even during the lean years, from out of their own pockets !, and I presume that they have all been given the same excuse when they have asked for a "ride".

As I have already said, I thank this gentleman for his honesty and openness, it is regrettable that nobody from the IOM TT organizing committee has been as honest and open regarding this particular "perk",
29-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Luxury hospitality - by pat slinn - 20-12-2011, 02:02 PM
RE: Luxury hospitality - by Big Gar - 22-12-2011, 07:59 AM
RE: Luxury hospitality - by pat slinn - 22-12-2011, 02:16 PM
RE: Luxury hospitality - by larryd - 22-12-2011, 05:32 PM
RE: Luxury hospitality - by ian huntly - 23-12-2011, 09:53 PM
RE: Luxury hospitality - by pat slinn - 03-01-2012, 04:27 PM
RE: Luxury hospitality - by pat slinn - 29-02-2012, 05:20 PM
RE: Luxury hospitality - by FCM - 29-02-2012, 05:27 PM
RE: Luxury hospitality - by ian huntly - 29-02-2012, 07:00 PM