Fire proof pit overalls specification
beetroot Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Fire proof pit overalls specification
Bring the correct kit. we fell foul of the reg changes at this TT. I stupidly assumed the kit i bought for the Manx last year was the same spec i needed, only to be turned away at Tech inspection...needless to say i wasn't happy but I was at fault for not reading and double checking the spec required and it cost me a lot to get them at the last minute.
Interpretation of the written word meant that press stud overalls met the requirement for the 2 attendants at the TT which seemed a bit mad especially as they had to still wear a double layer balaclava. I srongly suspect this will change for next year.

"The attendant responsible for refuelling must wear a suit that meets the higher standard of SFI 3.2A/5 / FIA 8856-2000. The overalls must have collars, ankle and wrist cuffs and be zip up not pop stud. The attendant responsible for refuelling must wear a double layered fireproof balaclava and fireproof gloves while refuelling.
Other members of the Pit Crew must wear a suit that meets the standard of EN 531/533 / NFPA 2112. They must also wear a fireproof balaclava."
TC Racing- Supporting the MGP and TT for way too long...One more year then were definetly quitting, possibly.. maybe .On second thoughts probably not..
24-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fire proof pit overalls specification - by beetroot - 24-06-2015, 01:07 PM