UK approves primary legislation for closed-road motorsport
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: UK approves primary legislation for closed-road motorsport
(01-04-2015, 10:58 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: They have had sprints for years , and there has been other closed roads events over the years , so not just sure what the difference is , the closing of roads goes on for all sorts of things Tour de France , and many more ,

The difference is Eddy that, at the moment, its not possible to close roads for a motorsport event without a private act of parliament (for example the birmingham GPs of the 80s). The other speed events like brighton, Ollies and New Brighton are actually private roads - the event that triggered this debate - Saltburn Sprint/Hillclimb only took place because the local Council legal dept didn't know the law and it was stopped when somebody pointed it out.

I'll be surprised if anyone has the money or determination to get a road race on, but the odd sprint type event out of town on little used roads might happen particularly in deprived areas, its already allowed in scotland and, other than some rally stages, nobodies jumped on the bandwagon - there was talk of the borders race near Lanark but it seems to have gone quiet recently.
my suggestiion is Helmsley- Stokesley- Guisborough-whitby- helmsley - might need a few Marshalls Eddy - first week in JUne- get your bib on, I'll get me coat!
07-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK approves primary legislation for closed-road motorsport - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 07-04-2015, 02:10 PM