Fully British-built TT bike for Norton by 2017
R7A5B0 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Fully British-built TT bike for Norton by 2017
(10-06-2015, 11:45 PM)Allyshaper Wrote:
(10-06-2015, 08:30 AM)numptydad Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 10:02 PM)Allyshaper Wrote: This is what I was talking about, hasn't it done what you wanted it to do?  Just a thought,I started a thread on the old site a couple of TTs ago about building an all English bike along the lines of the Tigcraft supertwin I did. at the time we couldn't think of an engine. What about the Triumph 800 triple engine? I checked the rules today I think its allowed in the senior. that would give me something to do now the twin has gone. Any ideas.
I also have been wondering whether the rules allow a triple in the bigger classes, which  it appears they do, as you say, but 800 cc would be a bit low powered perhaps?  Good starting point though, pity I haven't any money to kick into such a project, unless there could be what I believe is called these days " crowd funding" which might bring together like minded people, preferably with deep pockets!
anyway,  good luck,
Dave

I didnt have the money to do the last one,but I did it,and I would do it again. I thought 800 triple because it would be allowed into the Manx senior. Tigcraft is up for doing another chassis,I am doing nothing since I sold the twin. I dont know about crowd funding,but I think if I had more financial help than I did with the twin project I could beat the Norton effort.

that would be a fantastic project. a bit off topic, but i think triumph are missing a trick at the moment. a nice 900 or 1000 cc triple would go down a treat for someone like me that still wants to ride a sports bike,but is getting near the point where having to rev the tits off the current crop of big bikes is getting too much like hard work,and is even worse if dropping down to 600cc.

a fireblade with a cb 1000r engine in it would probably be my ideal bike at the moment.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015, 11:20 AM by Malcolm.)
11-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread