Fully British-built TT bike for Norton by 2017
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Fully British-built TT bike for Norton by 2017
I don't think it qualifies for any other races it gets a 'bye' to race at the TT.  Looking at Cams diary he looks like a man who's had enough, he's right that you get a feeling when things aren't right and it appears he was tempted to park it before the sprocket went wouldn't be surprised if thats the last time we see him on the Norton shed - and it wouldn't surprise me if he retired or at least stuck to classics which have a big scene down under. The competition at the sharp end is fierce and splodging around in the 20s and 30s is soul destroying for a former top runner, they're like a fish out of water, hutchy blatting past MD appeared to be the straw that broke the camels back and MD leaving McPint for dead last year broke his spirit. I think it highly unlikely that Cam has the hunger to get himself a top ride and stick six 130+mph laps in nest year - theres probably 10 others that can.

Given that Norton can't manage to sort out the commandos after several years of trying the chance of them building a race engine from scratch is nil, please nobody encourage them.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2015, 08:03 PM by Malcolm.)
16-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fully British-built TT bike for Norton by 2017 - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 16-06-2015, 07:59 PM