What bike documentation do you take with you
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
RE: What bike documentation do you take with you
(25-05-2015, 11:27 AM)Stav Wrote: Hello Steady, i`ve been going for over 20 years and never taken any bike documentation, but my drivers licence is in my wallet! We found out last weekend, at Cairnryan, that a full PNC (?) Mot, Insurance,ownership) check can be carried out with your licence and Reg` number.

Hope that helps....not long now!

Shouldn't need anything really Ed, although it's no problem to carry licence, mot, insurance just in case, or if you don't want to risk losing them or getting them wet photocopies would provide policy number licence number etc in an emergency.

If you get stopped over here or on the way to the boat and given a producer by plod I'm sure they would date it to give you time to get home and produce at the local station on your return if you explained the situation to them.

Years ago there used to be something on the ferry tickets about having to carry reg docs or proof of ownership/authority to be in possession of your vehicle as you may be asked to produce them before boarding, but i was never asked for anything and I think that paragraph disappeared in the 1990's
25-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What bike documentation do you take with you - by warrior - 25-05-2015, 12:19 PM