Lee Johnsons Superstock bike as fast as a superbike on Sulby
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Lee Johnsons Superstock bike as fast as a superbike on Sulby
(09-06-2015, 04:16 PM)Ricky Wrote: i don't understand these days, despite the 200 bhp bikes, it's claimed weight is still critical even in MotoGP. Don't make sense to me.

How did dj win on a 600 around the island ! His size must have been some disadvantage, at least pullin him up the mountain.

every kilo has to be moved by the power of the engine verses the drag co-efficient its not all linear in effect the faster you go the more drag and the more difference weight makes - in F1 they have very accurate calcs of the effect of every litre of fuel per lap on each circuit.  When i raced in the clio cup they had the formula but as I was about 2 stone overweight anyway I had to be satisfied with a strategic dump just before the off.

Its all physics at the end of the day - as for DJ dragging himself up the mountain of course the weight would be pushing him back down to Douglas so its all equal ish. Lee might have the advantage for going fast but he's probably getting a fair bouncing about on the way to Ramsey compared to someone more robust like erm Micky D?
09-06-2015, 07:06 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lee Johnsons Superstock bike as fast as a superbike on Sulby - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 09-06-2015, 07:06 PM