To all the Marshals who did the 2015 TT, a very big thank you all
tigerted Offline

Threads: 6
RE: To all the Marshals who did the 2015 TT, a very big thank you all
(18-06-2015, 11:58 AM)maybolezx12r Wrote:
(17-06-2015, 05:43 PM)tigerted Wrote: This was my first year of marshalling both in practice and race week and boy did I find it tiring. However having carried out volunteer responsibilities for many years as a school governor etc I have never ever received the appreciation and thanks of so many people as I have for doing this.
So much so that before next year I will attend the earliest available safety course I can which hopefully make me a more proficient marshal for TT 2016.

Glad you enjoyed the Marshaling experience.Where were you posted Tigerted?The IMC course is fantastic not just for marshaling but for whenever you are out on the road lots of valuable info and demonstrations and will certainly make you a lot more confident using the flags and the tetra radio.

P

Thanks P I was with Micky, Irene & Heinz and others at Rhencullen and boy are they fast through there. It didn't take me long to realise that I had a real responsibility to ensure the spectators remained safe and the riders had my full attention as they entered and left our post. With all the delays Wayde a fire fighter had the opportunity to show us everything in the safety box and how to use it.
It seemed to have worked because watching visitors riding through Windy Corner I unfortunately saw a young fella slide off of his R6 and with others I run to help him rather than the other way.
I know we all regard those unfortunate those that come off as idiots but I could not help but feel sorry for Scott the rider as he seems a nice young lad of 24 who was really only having a bit of fun and ended up breaking his leg and wrist. I am just so glad that he didn't take anyone down with him.
I am looking forward to acquiring even more information to assist others that may come unstuck in the future.
19-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To all the Marshals who did the 2015 TT, a very big thank you all - by tigerted - 19-06-2015, 02:10 PM