Replying to Posts
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Replying to Posts
I have spent some time recently sending PM's to people who have not been using the Post Reply functions in the manner in which they were intended. Therefore to save me having to send numerous PM's in future, I would appreciate everyone reading and understanding the following.

I would like to provide you with a wee bit of advice on using the Reply and New Reply functions on the Forums.

The Black "New Reply" button at the Top & Bottom right hand side of the post listing in any thread, is for the purpose of adding a new post immediately beneath the last post that appears in the list of posts within the Thread.

Using this function, your post will be located immediately beneath that last post and it will contain ONLY your comments.

This is the preferred method of answering prior posts.

The Red Reply Text within any post, is for you to reply to any post that appears anywhere further up in the thread listing, and placing your new post at the very end of the complete Listing with "Quote" type white panel included, containing the text of the post that you are replying to.

What I am seeing is that people are using the Red Text Reply facility incorrectly and that there are White Panel Quotes being included un-necessarily in replies to an immediately above post.

Using the Red Text Reply facility instead of the Black NEW POST button, only makes the posts and the site look untidy, and I ask of you to use the Black NEW POST button in future, when replying to immediately above posts, in order to assist in keeping the Threads tidy and more easily readable.

By the inclusion of all the White "Quote" panels in postings, the Threads become longer than is necessary and this makes scrolling of the Thread story confusing at times, for others.

In addition, the inclusion of white panel quotes from previous posts only serves to take up more space and memory on the server.

Many Thanks

Malcolm.
01-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Replying to Posts - by Malcolm - 01-07-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Steady the Edward - 01-07-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Malcolm - 01-07-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Splashdown - 01-07-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Steady the Edward - 01-07-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by AndyL - 01-07-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Steady the Edward - 01-07-2015, 02:09 PM