Promoter says entertainment is key to growing TT
sculptor Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Promoter says entertainment is key to growing TT
Any organisation that takes over the 'running' of the TT is doing it to make a profit, which I fear will be the Death Knell for the TT as we know it. The thin end of the wedge came last year when the Government declared that people couldn't watch from their own front gardens unless they carried appropriate insurance, I suspect this ruling will be used to declare many of the 'free' watching places "unsafe",  gradually herding us all into overpriced Hospitality Areas. I have been a spectator and media reporter for over 40 years and I'm certainly not against progress but surely the charm of the race is its accessibility to the fans whether that's being "so close that you could touch them" or bumping into your hero in a pub or chippie as well as the freedom of the paddock. Despite the overpriced travel/ accommodation it is still a fantastic event and I accept that along with the increasing power/ speeds must come some changes but to talk of entertainment as an answer suggests that a focus group has gathered around a table without a single true TT fan amongst them and come up with this nonsense to impress the Tynwald   ....Will it work ? ...only time will tell but the old cynic in me says that we'll look back and rue the day
20-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Promoter says entertainment is key to growing TT - by sculptor - 20-04-2016, 11:30 AM