New Isle of Man TT promoter has ambitious plans - but how will fans get here etc....
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: New Isle of Man TT promoter has ambitious plans - but how will fans get here etc....
(03-08-2016, 05:32 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: Due Diligence methinks

Nooo Alfie, the IOM gov only do due diligence after the contract fails and all the moneys gone. It then becomes a 'learning execise' for the next contract.

Can't really see which other departments would be affected by someone taking 90% of DEDs workload and £2 million of gov spending off the balance sheet and you would have thought that any that did would have been involved in the rigorous selection process, obviously not!

The real problem is probably to do with the staff - obviously the plan was to shed the DED wood to make some of the savings and, as the Island has no TUPE provisions, they will only go by agreement, I very much doubt anyone with a cushy Gov job and pension are about to jump to work for a company with no money and no track record on a ten year contract with supposedly strong severance provisions for non performance (which will almost certainly be triggered when reality bites).

From the Cloud 9 s point of view they're faced with having to take a load of civil servants on overblown terms and conditions when they could hire better people for less in the open market, on top of that they will have to pay the salaries until the first sponsorship cash comes in so, by TT 2017, they will already be a couple of hundred grand down before they start (and remember they have nowt to start with)

I find it absolutely incredible that an island full of millionaire business people continually fails to carry out competent tendering and contract award processes - i can't remember one where they haven't been rolled over by some very average spivs
03-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Isle of Man TT promoter has ambitious plans - but how will fans get here etc.... - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 03-08-2016, 08:09 PM
Vision Nine contract delayed - by Malcolm - 02-08-2016, 05:03 PM