MCGUINESS AND RUTTER HEAD BATHAM MUGEN CHALLENGE FOR SES TT ZERO HONOURS
Yamaham Offline

Threads: 4
RE: MCGUINESS AND RUTTER HEAD BATHAM MUGEN CHALLENGE FOR SES TT ZERO HONOURS
My mate and me argue in the pub about this often. Yes, a lot of Joey's wins were on Ultra-lightweight and Lightweight machines, but at least they raced more than one lap, and although competition was a bit thinner back then, the field was still a lot bigger than the dozen or so that start a T.T. Zero. McPint, Rutter and Anstey have all added to their win tally, when all they had to do was beat their teammate. Usually 50% of finishers in the Zero get a podium!! McPint would be a lot closer to Joey's total, if he hadn't hit the kill switch with his bottom, a couple of year ago, or flattened the battery climbing the mountain a couple of years before that. That year he had a 20 second lead at the bungalow, yet Rutter beat him at the line. So for me, though the technology is very trick, it shouldn't count for a T.T win until there's a more competitive field. -Rant over. Though I agree with the above comment, in that a certain M. Dunlop will be beating 26 wins in a few years time.
18-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MCGUINESS AND RUTTER HEAD BATHAM MUGEN CHALLENGE FOR SES TT ZERO HONOURS - by Yamaham - 18-05-2019, 12:23 PM