Michael Dunlop confirms 'multiple breaks' after Southern 100 crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Michael Dunlop confirms 'multiple breaks' after Southern 100 crash
[Image: MickyDInjuryS100.jpg]

Michael Dunlop revealed he suffered a broken pelvis and other fractures following Thursday's crash during the Southern 100 in the Isle of Man.

The 30-year-old from Ballymoney said: "After breaking my pelvis and multiple breaks and bruises I'm back on my feet again."

He was pictured with a walking frame after signing himself out of Nobles Hospital yesterday morning after crashing at Castletown Corner as he chased Man of the Meeting Dean Harrison on the second lap of the Island Aggregates Senior race.

The 19-times TT winner must now be considered a major doubt for the fonaCAB Ulster Grand Prix where racing takes place at the Dundrod Circuit on August 8 and 9. Dunlop had been carrying shoulder and wrist injuries since a crash during testing prior to the North West 200, which he openly admitted held him back during the TT. Then a crash during the Donegal International Rally before the Southern 100 aggravated those injuries and now another injury that will require rest could very well end his season.

On the road racing scene, TT champion Lee Johnston has confirmed that he will ride the Ashcourt Racing Yamaha R6, which he won the opening Supersport race on in the Isle of Man, at the return of racing to Oliver's Mount, Scarborough in the Barry Sheene Classic meeting on July 27-28.

It has also been confirmed that the Maguiresbridge rider will compete on the Davies Motorsport Honda in the Junior and Senior Classic TT races next month, joining last years Junior winner Dominic Herbertson.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Roy Harris

[Image: MickyDwithWalker.jpg]

Michael Dunlop MD Racing

"Folks after signing himself out and braking his pelvis plus multiple brakes and bruises he’s on his feet again"

(This post was last modified: 13-07-2019, 01:09 PM by Malcolm.)
13-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Michael Dunlop confirms 'multiple breaks' after Southern 100 crash - by Malcolm - 13-07-2019, 12:56 PM