Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson)
BBC Offline

Threads: 2
Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson)
Bonk Here we go again and after a week at the NorthWest 200. I seriously need my head testing.

First of all we all at GDR Racing send our condolences to the family of Robert Dunlop.

Darren (Burns), there are ways and means of getting out of changing my tyre, but this caps it. As Darren lays in the Royal Victoria Hospital Ward c, Oscar Goldman is trying to rebuild the new Steve Austin or is it the new Irish Barry Sheene??
Our love and best wishes are sent for a fast and speedy recovery.

Our NorthWest was a waste of time. The paddock was packed like sardines in a can, with the biggest laff being when when Health and Safety came around to ask if we had a fire extinguisher!! Ha if anything went up i'd be running not using a fire extinguisher, i might just grab Paul Owen on the way lol. A static fire engine in every awning might be a better idea!!

We had problems with the kawasaki again slipping out of gear, the 250 power valve had come undone so it rode like a moped.
We were put at the back of the grid, and came 19th. At the end of the day wasn't that dangerous putting a rider like Garry D with his calibre of riding and over 30 years experience.?? Um i could say more but will probalbly be banned. I will say Mervyn i dont think you did us as a team any favours, were you scared that Garry would have been a threat??? Well the highlights being Garry was 3rd fastest through the speed trap on the 250. But the kawasaki was back in the van. Thanks to Robbie for the quick spray job. Even though we couldnt show it off.

The weather was fantastic, and we got a tan, but i have never worked so hard. The guys never stopped on the bikes.
The Chaplains day out to the Giants Causeway was fantastic and thankyou. We had a fabulous day out. That being only the second time i escaped the paddock. Garry D i dont think will race at the Northwest again due mainly to the vast majority of the riders in the back field being treated like second class citizens and let's remember without the likes of us in that back field, who are the big boys gonna race against?? Think they will end up being five of them racing each other. The big teams are nothing without us all. Where were our showers? The paddock was packed out. We had four loos. Yes i know they were round the corner but its not the point. We are the gypsies amongst the so called kings.
The showers could have easily had someone to mop the floors, surely that alone contravenes health and safety for slipping and the unhygienic conditions.
However, to all in our gypsy paddock we all stuck together and made the most of our appalling conditions. Next time maybe all of us should refuse to race, that would make interesting footage on the BBC. We will earn our money by selling pegs !!!
In comparison to the Ulster GP last year, where we were treated with respect and looked after, my thumbs up goes to Big Noel Johnston the Clerk of the Course, no they havent got as much money but the beer tent was bloody great Er cant remember seeing one of those at the northwest either. Will have to take another look at the site map it was probably in the back paddock somewhere.
If anyone should get MBE it should be Noel for his sheer passion and love of the sport.
I have never spent so much money, cans of pop 1.00 burgers 3.50
bottles of pop 1.70. Does harrods have wholesalers??
i worked out that if the burger vans sold a burger to everyone there over that week they would make 3/4 million. Hey lads, lets stop racing and go into rip the big boys off burger vans!!
Well heres to the Ulster !!! A very disallusioned Team Manager.
19-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson) - by BBC - 19-05-2008, 11:23 PM
RE: Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson) - by thewitch - 22-05-2008, 07:28 AM