Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson)
BBC Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson)
Written By Garry D.
Politic's red tape call it what you will, the truth of the matter the smaller teams are treated like xxxx !!! The big teams with there 40 foot trucks and hospitality that take up half the paddock are treated like god's get what they want. For instance practice what a shambles !! superbikes, superstock supersport never loose out do they ever. If there session gets cut short they still get the track time no matter what, doesn't matter about 125/250/400 we just get what's left choose what, not fair in any shape or form.

Why? Ask yourself cos the manufactures want the respective bikes sales, and they call the shots end off !! Bike sales equals money. 600s 1000s sell in millions worldwide, 125/250 don't generate that turnover. These big teams can have as much space in paddocks as they want,the rest of us have take what they give us, and if we don't like it then tuff xxxx basically.

I went and asked if I could have two extra paddock pass's for two sponsors who were attending the NW for the first time, I was told no, as they alledgedly dont make any money out of that, yeah right and I've just fell out the last shower. I stood outside talking to a friend near the marquee for a while, and saw a team personnel from one of the top teams go in and come out with lets say, and adequate amount of pass's, whats that all about then double standards I'd say but there you go. I think its about time all us privateers had some test tickles and stuck together and voiced an opinion, in that we want equal treatment after all we don't have the multi thousands pounds budgets to call upon, if anything it costs us guys far more money.

Look at the UGP headed by Noel Johnston, they are in it for the sport for the pure passion of the the sport and treat us as equals not as second class citizens. The privateers teams like ourselves are the foundation of the sport making up the grid, so these big teams actually have a race to compete in, I think we should brake away and do our own thing and let the big bucks have a race with ten or twelve of them in it, and see who and where the spectators support.
20-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson) - by BBC - 20-05-2008, 12:29 AM
RE: Northwest No More! GDR Racing (Garry Dickinson) - by thewitch - 22-05-2008, 07:28 AM