Bikers Service (Finbar and Micro) Sulby
matthewsayle Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Bikers Service (Finbar and Micro) Sulby
[color=#0000FF
Thank you Ian for your comments. I can honestly say, to stand up and speak on Sunday was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but equally something my heart told me I had to do. It was commented, I was running out of fuel on the homeward stretch. (But there was no way I would let the palms of my hand get sweaty, I'm sure you know what I mean ) Robert was a very special friend and I will miss him very much, we had alot in common. "The green fields of france" has great sentimental value to many of us and will be a song that will aways bring back happy memories of time spent with Robert. Brendon has a copy of him singing the song if you would like it. As for a tape of the Service, perhaps you could contact Mrs Ruth Gorry and her husband they are the Church wardens and organise the Bikers service each year at Sulby Methodist Church. Ruth and her team do a cracking job at the Methodist Church over the T.T. not only organising the Service but supplying refreshments and snacks for all the spectators watching from the Church grounds on Race days. Thanks should also go to Brian for speaking for the Marshalls and Finlo for all the racing items adorning the Church to give us the atmosphere, also Malcom Peacock for allowing all these Bikers activities to go on in his Church, how nice to see positive approach.
Paul spoke for Martin Finnegan, which I am sure was also one of the most difficult times he has had to speak, as Martin and Paul extreamly good friends, and I know that there will also a big void in his life without Matin. It was a lovely but sentiment service leaving us all with time to reflect, [/color]To keep the memory, the passion and love both Robert and Martin had for Road Racing alive, our tribute must be to continue supporting Road Racing and all those who give us such enjoyment. As Robert would say "Keep er lit "
10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bikers Service (Finbar and Micro) Sulby - by matthewsayle - 10-06-2008, 12:08 PM