[split] Nothing to do with Eddie Nelson,
George Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Eddie Nelson,is he up to the joib?
David Griffiths Wrote:I had the gravest of misgivings when it was announced last year that the ACU were back in charge and Eddie Nelson was the new Clerk of the Course, but in all fairness I think he has done a good job over the past 2 years in often difficult circumstances. This seems to be the general consensus also. That's not to say that every decision has been right - I was at Laurel Bank on Wednesday and was surprised that the race started when it did as the roads were still wet there especially on the first lap. One thing is for sure about the job – you will never please everyone and you would be foolish to even try!

As far as Bud Jackson is concerned I have it on good authority that he - a) Wilfully ignored the red flag at the end of his 5th lap and carried on round again, and b) When he came round after the 6th lap he gave the 2 fingers to one of the marshals who had shown him the red flag. Either of these would be enough to justify disqualification; put together I wonder if they will affect any entry application he might make for the TT next year?

Tell me if im wrong, but should it be that at least two yellow flags are displayed prior to the red in order for a rider to prepare to stop, and I have it also that the RED flag was only displayed after he had passed and that other riders too had gone past on the aledged Red Flag, Why was the result declayed as a 6 lap race if it was stopped on the start of the 5th???????????????????????????????????????

How would Bud be able to do a complete lap if it was red flaged, the incident of the aledged red flag was at the top of Bray hill on the start of his 5th lap.
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2009, 01:52 PM by George.)
15-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eddie Nelson,is he up to the joib? - by cargo - 14-06-2009, 07:50 PM
RE: Eddie Nelson,is he up to the joib? - by George - 15-06-2009, 01:47 PM
RE: Eddie Nelson,is he up to the joib? - by cargo - 15-06-2009, 05:18 PM