Classic bikes
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
Classic bikes
Hi,

I felt With the demise a few years ago of the classic lap of the mountain circuit by some of the very machines that made the TT one of the worlds greatest motor sports sporting spectacles the TT lost a lot of it's atmosphere and sence of history. The TT is a unique event and may it continue for a long time to come, I will certainly continue to attend in my capacity with Race Mission as well as a avid enthuisast as I have done for the last 50 odd years. But Who dosent miss the Manx's, 7R's, G50's, Mv's Gilera's, BSA, Triumphs, Norton's, Ducati's and all those O'h so lovely looking classic real racing motor cycles being fettled in, and started up around Nobles park. Has all that been lost for ever ?. I can appreciate that there is not much room around the paddock area, or enthusiasm from some quarters for the return of these machines but surely we cant stand by and let them disapear for ever from the TT. Does anybody think that the authorities will bring a "classic" lap back for the mountain circuit centennial in a couple of years ?, would a petition on a web site help to persuade the organizers that this would be an appropriate spectacle for the centennial mountain circuit celebrations ?.

What would people think of a "classic bike" festival within the TT festival at Jurby, at least they would get a chance to drive around the circuit, and we would get the chance to hear them, smell them and "gloat" at them. Just a idea, would it work ? What do people think ?.

For people who would want to see these glorious old machines, and cant not get away from the paddock area, how about a exhibition of them in Nobles park,just above the pavilion where the electric bikes were last year ?.

These are just a couple of ideas to try and keep some form of historical content at the TT, What do people think ?.

Pat.
30-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Classic bikes - by pat slinn - 30-09-2009, 08:14 PM
RE: Classic bikes - by Bill Snelling - 01-10-2009, 03:10 AM
RE: Classic bikes - by Gstarron - 01-10-2009, 12:24 PM
RE: Classic bikes at the TT - by ian huntly - 02-10-2009, 07:22 PM
RE: Classic bikes - by chris - 02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
RE: Classic bikes - by Bill Snelling - 03-10-2009, 12:49 AM
RE: Classic bikes - by pat slinn - 05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
RE: Classic bikes - by ali - 06-10-2009, 09:18 AM