Billown TT Races 2010 - No 125/250 Classes ?
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: Billown TT Races 2010 - No 125/250 Classes ?
Apparently the meeting drew a crowd of 10,000 last year and to cut it for the sake of 18 grand just seems like penny pinching when considered as an overall percentage of the TT budget - especially when they seem intent on running the mind numbingly dull TTxGP again. I wonder if this might turn out to be a false economy?

Anyhow - I got to thinking and this is copied from a post I made over on the 'other channel':

Just kicking an idea around here. At the TT there was 'the people's bike' where fans could donate toward sponsorship of the bike. How about hijacking that idea and have 'The People's Race Meeting'? The S100 club should still try and attract a title sponsor and obviously this couldn't work without their approval and co-operation but I'm thinking of a fund where fans could contribute however much they feel able, the purpose of the fund being to assist competitors with travelling expenses, entry fees, running costs etc. Maybe then we could still have a quality field of machines that aren't allowed at the TT anymore and I'd extend the invitation to the slidey cars too.

Apparently Fitz is going to talk to George Peach about it. I know times is hard for everyone (God don't I know it...Censored) but maybe this is a way to help keep some much needed variety during the TT period, so what do you think?
27-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billown TT Races 2010 - No 125/250 Classes ? - by sticky - 27-11-2009, 03:30 PM