TT ZERO
deejay51 Offline

Threads: 9
TT ZERO
Following an annoucement that the TT Organisers are now running the ZEV Motorcycle Race at TT2010 I make the following comments...

On reflection I believe the TTXGP/Azhar Hussain Event of 2009 was a measured success, yes, I criticised the lack of lead up information and hammered Electrical Safety issues to oblivion and will continue highlighting electrical concerns where appropriate. Maybe we will never know why TTXGP appears to have split with FIM and now the TT Organisers, suffice to say the web is full of inuendos, conflicts of interest issues etc., which in a way is very sad. I recorded a great deal of imagery of the 2009 Event and my electrical safety comments are all featured on my website.

I believe the TT Organisers have done the right thing developing a TTZero Race and note the comment 'It will feature riders who are also competing in the other TT classes'. Hopefully moving the TTZero race away from the Senior/Parade Laps day may allow the top riders to participate on ZEV machinery as well as ICE!! Many posters pursued this issue last year.

The ten thousand pound prize offer I interpret as available to the 'first team to record a 100mph lap during racing', this is a tremendous incentive for TTZero Teams to strive further with the technology. I hope the next 'incentive' is a mandatory pit stop to force a change of batteries or fuel cell source.

We all had doubts at some level about ZEV Racing, I stated early last year that it would be a 'boost to the TT Program' and I fervently maintain that opinion. ZEV is definitely the future in all forms of motor sport and ZEV is the ONLY WAY for the future of all forms of conventional transportation.

NB: Sydney's Oran Park and a very popular Off Road Facility in Brisbane closed late last year, noise, pollution, urban sprawl, whatever. The issue is co-existance of racing in all its forms with the masses. ZEV is the only viable answer in the longer term....

http://www.deejay51.com
29-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
TT ZERO - by deejay51 - 29-01-2010, 04:04 AM
RE: TT ZERO - by Jan Grainger - 29-01-2010, 09:23 AM
RE: TT ZERO - by deejay51 - 30-01-2010, 09:17 AM
RE: TT ZERO - by Jan Grainger - 30-01-2010, 11:14 PM