TINMOUTH SECURES THIRD OVERALL IN 2010 BRITISH SUPERSPORT CUP!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TINMOUTH SECURES THIRD OVERALL IN 2010 BRITISH SUPERSPORT CUP!
[Image: jennytinmouthlogo.jpg]

[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Final Round – Oulton Park

8-10 October 2010

Jenny Tinmouth has secured third position overall in the Supersport Cup that is run within the main Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship races which form the premier support package to the prestigious British Superbike Championship. She finished in 20th position overall, and fifth of the cup competitors in the final race of the series held at Oulton Park last weekend to end a highly successful British Supersport Cup campaign which has seen her win at Silverstone and take four other memorable podiums.

She suffered a recurrence of the ‘cutting out’ problem during the opening free practice session on Friday, but by the afternoon she got her times down considerably to finish the day in a highly respectable 19th position overall and second of the cup runners, just 2.924 seconds shy of Alex Lowes, who set the fastest day one time.

Qualifying on the Saturday would take the shape of just one session of 30 minutes duration, due to it being screened live on British Eurosport television, thus meaning that Saturday morning’s session had become ‘free practice three’. During this final opportunity to set the bike up, Jenny, unfortunately, lost the front of her machine at Lodge corner with about ten minutes remaining, giving her crew chief, Steve Bradley, plenty of work to do in the relatively short time before the official timed qualifying session.

However, once back out on track for qualifying, Jenny soon got dialed in and was determined to set a time good enough for a decent grid position. At this point, remember, she was the series leader, so needed as much of an advantage as possible over her nearest rivals. To her credit, she achieved this by setting her best ever lap time of the 2.69 mile Cheshire circuit, and would be starting the final race of the series from the fifth row of the grid in 20th position, but more importantly she would be several places ahead of her main rivals, and also ahead of the experienced Marty Nutt and Michael Dunlop.

[Image: jennytoulton.jpg]

The race itself had been reduced to twelve laps from the original fifteen laps due to delays earlier in the day. Taking the start, Jenny, despite trying to remain calm, was a bit too keen to get away. With the bike pulling wheelies going up the gears, she would initially lose a handful of places but regained them later in the lap to remain in 20th position at the end of lap one. Later in the race she developed issues with the clutch which hampered her progress, and despite following in the wheel tracks of Pat McDougall there was little she could do to prevent him taking the series win.

However, she has had a very busy and successful year, the main highlights being her win and four other podiums in the British Supersport Cup, her fine achievements at the Isle of Man TT including her record breaking 119.945mph lap, and being crowned the first ever TTXGP UK Champion!

“Once again I’ve really enjoyed my racing this year, it’s a bit of a shame we didn’t win the Supersport Cup but I’m happy with my performances throughout the season. This weekend was always going to be a big ask to win the series but we gave it our best shot!

I would like to thank everyone involved with my team, with particular thanks to Fergus of sorrymate.com and all my sponsors, ‘Brad’ for his great work all year (we have not had one mechanical dnf), Mum, Dad and Martin for all their help, and a big thanks also must go to the marshals, medics, and organizers.

Finally, thanks for all the support, it means a lot, and I hope to see you all next season!”

Jenny Tinmouth #10

Photography by Paul Pearson

Written by Martin Knighton

Team Press Officer
Jenny Tinmouth Racing
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Website Find Reply