Redding confidence grows with Phillip Island result
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Redding confidence grows with Phillip Island result
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

[Image: moto2.gif]

The Marc VDS Racing rider took his best result to date in the Moto2 class with second place in the Iveco Australian Grand Prix, and is confident a first win in the category is not far off.

Scott Redding’s Moto2 progress continued to take strides over the weekend as the Marc VDS Racing Team rider achieved his best result of the season so far, a second-placed finish in the Iveco Australian Grand Prix.

It was the 17 year-old’s second podium finish this season as he started from the front row of the grid for a fifth time in the last six races, and a fight for the lead with eventual race winner Alex de Angelis underlined Redding’s strength on his Suter.

[Image: sreddingheadshot.jpg]

"What a fantastic race; I really enjoyed that! I was so pumped that I can't really remember what happened in the race and I was stood on the podium thinking: 'What's going on here then?!',” said the young Brit.

“I got a good start and managed to pull out a bit of a gap at the front, but halfway through I lost the front at turn nine and De Angelis came past me. I could match his pace, but when I started looking for a way back past him he put in two very fast laps to pull away for the win. I'm happy with second place; it was a good battle with De Angelis and Iannone and I learned a lot from both of them today.”

With his confidence growing further which each performance, Redding is optimistic he can soon make it onto the top step of the podium.

“The team, as always, did a great job with the bike; we're coming stronger and stronger every week and I'm confident that our first win will come very soon,”
he concluded.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Website Find Reply