Rossi wants to sign off with wins
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi wants to sign off with wins
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The Fiat Yamaha rider wants to end the 2010 campaign with victories in the final two rounds, starting at a track at which he has an excellent record: Estoril.

Valentino Rossi will be looking to reproduce his outstanding form of past seasons at Estoril this weekend as he attempts to round off the 2010 MotoGP World Championship in winning style.

The 31 year-old Italian is the most successful rider at the circuit having won in the premier class on five previous occasions, and last year’s fourth-placed finish was the first time in his ten visits there that he has failed to step onto the podium.

Heading into this weekend’s bwin Grande Premio de Portugal the Fiat Yamaha rider’s confidence is high after taking three podiums – including a win in Malaysia – in the series of back-to-back flyaway races, and he is determined to sign off the 2010 season with two strong results.

[Image: rossi2.jpg]

"The flyaways were very good for us, three podiums including one win – we were happy with how much we had improved the bike and also the level of my shoulder. Now we return to Europe and I feel very strongly that I want to enjoy these final two races and try to win again,” said Rossi, who is keen to add to his two victories already achieved this season.

“Estoril was not a good track for me last year, we had some problems and I couldn't make it onto the podium so we will be trying to change that this year. After Phillip Island we hope the weather will be a bit warmer but Estoril can change very quickly so it could be a factor again,” concluded Rossi.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Website Find Reply