Dennis Gallagher!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dennis Gallagher!
After a weekend at East Fortune for the annual Bob Mcintyre memorial races i felt compelled to write about Dennis. Not only has this man raced the great Bob Mac himself he turned in a great perfomance over the weekend including a few visits to the podium,
Just like to wish him all the best and the next time anyone races agains him dont let his age fool you!
10-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Dennis Gallagher!
His age doesn't fool me, John! I've raced against him on many occasions in Classic Road Races, and he's always been at or near the front.

And to think I got his autograph outside the coffee tent at the TT in 1971. Wah!!
10-06-2002, 08:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi John

Your right and his Gold Star is absolutely immaculate. By the way, you did not bad yourself.

Harvey T.

10-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being old enough to be all your Mums, and being unofficial president of the DG fan Club since before some of you were born, I can only say how glad I am you all recognise the most under rated, totally talented solo rider Scotland has produced with the possible exceptions of Bob Mac and Stephen Hislop.....oops, and Jim (sorry harvey!)
If Dennis was 40 years younger he'd be beating Bayliss.
10-06-2002, 09:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Helen,I know Mose is a big Dennis Gallagher fan!
10-06-2002, 09:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Years ago I thought Dennis was was quick for an old man but he isnt slowing down I dont know where he gets his drive from but I hope he keeps going for a long time yet.
I am a big fan of the we plump man
10-06-2002, 09:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Harvey! i tought you may have been there this weekend, It was quite good apart from the band not turning up.
I thought it funny when guest of honour Donny Macleod said that he was amazed to see some Classic guys getting there knee down! He thought that was a black flag situation, He joked
10-06-2002, 11:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Barry Wood
Was i racing against you at pre TT Barry?
10-06-2002, 11:03 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: John Leech
Yes,John,correct.And I bet you had great fun at Billown.Haven't received your MGP Classic entry yet though!!!
11-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Barry Wood
Im afraid the Mountain Circuit isnt for me Barry, I took enough time to get over my off track experience at "Joey's Gate". Dont know if my Entry will be in for next years Pre TT either. The club are still due me for Protest Fee and my sponsor was not too happy with the Dick Linton ordeal! But im sure i have enough time to talk him round.
How can i get a copy of the Pre TT radio commentary??
11-06-2002, 06:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: John Leech @ Joeys Gate
Understood, John. I ran through the same gate on my TZ 250 during the Steam Packet Races in 1994, but I went straight down.

If you race either a Two-stroke or a Honda competitively in Classic Road Racing, especially at the Manx G.P. then you would almost certainly be involved in a protest or at very least some bad-mouthing.Usually from people with lots of money who dont want their expensive exotica to be beaten.

John,let your sponsor read what Ive written.And dont either of you DARE to lose any sleep over it !!!!!!!
12-06-2002, 10:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: John Leech @ Joeys Gate
Don't encourage him, Barry. He's just out to beat you.....but then I suppose you could protest! Lol!
12-06-2002, 10:40 PM