Rossi all set for “emotional weekend” in Valencia
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi all set for “emotional weekend” in Valencia
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The Fiat Yamaha rider is targeting a victory in his final race with the Japanese factory after seven success-packed years.

The latest chapter of Valentino Rossi’s incredible career will draw to a close this weekend at the Gran Premio Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana, when the Italian brings to an end a highly successful seven-year partnership with Yamaha.

After 46 wins and four World Championships together the final round of the 2010 MotoGP World Championship will also be the 31 year-old’s last race with Fiat Yamaha, and both he and his team are determined to ensure that what has been a relationship built on accomplishments bears one final victory.

"So here we are, my last race with Yamaha and it will be an emotional weekend for all!” said Rossi, who won at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit in his first season with Yamaha in 2004. “Of course I would really like to try to win this final race because it would be a great end to this partnership, which has had so many beautiful moments.”

[Image: rossiabove.jpg]

Rossi comes into the final round off the back of four consecutive podium finishes, the most recent being last weekend’s second place in Portugal, and he is confident of being in a good position to put on a strong display.

“We improved the setting of our bike again in Estoril so I hope we will be in good shape in Valencia, although it hasn't been the best track for me in the last few years,” he said. “Anyway this is a special weekend so we will do everything that we can. I am third in the Championship after Estoril and second is not impossible, although we know Dani is strong in Valencia and he is still 19 points ahead."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Website Find Reply