Márquez to go for glory from pole at Valencia
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Márquez to go for glory from pole at Valencia
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The Red Bull Ajo Motorsport rider took his 12th pole position of the season for the final race of the campaign, with title rival Nico Terol, Brit Bradley Smith and team-mate Sandro Cortese following him onto the front row.

Marc Márquez will aim to secure his first World Championship title from pole position at Valencia on Sunday, after topping qualification for the final round of the 125cc 2010 season. The Red Bull Ajo Motorsport rider, who leads Nico Terol by 17 points going into the last race, finished the session 0.108s ahead of his rival and the only other rider who can still claim the 125cc title.

Márquez secured his 12th pole of the season with a lap of 1’39.564, closely followed by Bancaja Aspar pair Terol (+0.108s) and Bradley Smith (+0.148s) and with Marquez’s team-mate Sandro Cortese (Avant Mitsubishi Ajo) completing the front row of the starting grid for the GP Generali de la Comunitat Valenciana.

Pol Espargaró (Tuenti Racing) took top spot on the second row as the final rider under 1’40” in the session, with Esteve Rabat (Blusens-STX), Efrén Vázquez (Tuenti Racing) and Luis Salom (Stipa-Molenaar Racing) inside the top eight.

Adrián Martín (Team Aeroport de Castelló), Randy Krummenacher (Stipa-Molenaar Racing), Tomoyoshi Koyama (Racing Team Germany) and Jonas Folger (Team Ongetta) will comprise row three. Brits Danny Webb (Andalucia Cajasol) and Danny Kent (Lambretta Reparto Corse) will start from 14th and 22nd respectively, with wild card entrants Taylor Mackenzie (KRP MMCG) and John McPhee (KRP Bradley Smith Racing) – who had the only fall of the session – qualifying in 29th and 31st positions respectively.

The 125cc race is scheduled to start at 11am local time on Sunday.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Website Find Reply