Swan Set For Rematch As SMR Joins Forces With Yamaha And Hill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Swan Set For Rematch As SMR Joins Forces With Yamaha And Hill
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

Shaun Muir Racing (SMR) has today confirmed they will be competing for the 2011 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship and have signed Tommy Hill to lead their assault on the title aboard the Yamaha R1 after finalising a deal that will see the team receive manufacturer support.

Shaun Muir’s Guisborough-based squad have made the switch from Honda to Yamaha machinery as they bid for a maiden BSB title with a two-strong rider line up with Swan, manufacturer of the UK's number one best selling filter and rolling papers, remaining as title sponsor for a second season (subject to contract).

Hill joins the team after narrowly missing out on the 2010 BSB title and is relishing the opportunity to be reunited with Yamaha, the manufacturer he made his BSB debut with in 2004 after winning the inaugural one-make Yamaha R6 Cup in 2003.

Hill said:

“I am really buzzing about this new opportunity. I came so close to the title this season and effectively one race lost me the championship, so of course I am looking ahead to next year and I want to win the title more than ever. As soon as the season finished I was looking ahead to 2011 and I knew that the package with SMR was going to be a big deal, especially with Yamaha’s involvement. It is an exciting new venture for me and fantastic to be reunited with Yamaha, as it is with them that I really started my career so I feel like I have unfinished business. It is nice to be one of the first riders to confirm their place on the grid for next season, especially as everyone knows what the Yamaha is capable of as it has won in both World and British Championships. I am now preparing for the start of the new season and I can’t wait to get testing underway so that we arrive at the Brands Hatch opening round at Easter ready to fight for the wins.”

Team Manager Shaun Muir said:

“We are delighted to announce a new partnership with Yamaha Motor UK ahead of the new season. We will now be supported by one of the biggest manufacturers in the paddock and it is a credit to all the team at SMR that after several years running as a privateer effort, we have been given this recognition. We have seen that the Yamaha R1 is a winning package on both national and international levels and we fully expect to be challenging for the 2011 BSB crown. We have wanted to work with Tommy for some time as we believe he is a genuine talent with a strong desire to win and who has the potential to lift the title for the team. We still have ongoing discussions in regard to a second rider and we are hoping to be able to confirm the final line up in due course. This is an exciting time for everybody involved with the team and we are now planning ahead to challenge for the 2011 title.”

Swan Marketing Manager Mark Alldred concluded:

“We are very excited to be involved with BSB again this year and are thrilled to be title sponsor of the all new Swan Yamaha team. 2010 was our first season on the track and we had a great experience working with Shaun Muir. We are preparing for a big season in 2011 and we are delighted to welcome Tommy Hill to the team.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Website Find Reply