Preziosi: “I think we’ll go with the big bang”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Preziosi: “I think we’ll go with the big bang”
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

General Director at Ducati Corse reviewed the Valencia Test and indicated which engine the Desmosedici GP11 is likely to be equipped with next season, also describing working with Valentino Rossi as “unbelievable”.

Following the completion of Valentino Rossi’s first Test with Ducati at Valencia on Wednesday, General Director at Ducati Corse Filippo Preziosi discussed the feedback from the Italian rider and Nicky Hayden with regards to the two engine versions ran at the Ricardo Tormo track.

Rossi spent the majority of Tuesday and all of Wednesday riding with the big bang engine, completing a late lap on day one with the screamer, whilst Hayden rode both and Preziosi said: “Based on information we have from Nicky it wasn’t really necessary to test it (screamer version) with Valentino. We haven’t decided just yet but we will have a meeting very soon. We will decide in a few hours.”

He continued: “I think we will end up with the big bang in the 2011 bike. Nicky and Vale felt it’s a step ahead compared to the 2010. I think the big bang is easier to use and gives the rider more confidence. At the moment I suggest staying with that one.”

[Image: rossitest2.jpg]

Discussing requirements put forward by Rossi after his 141 laps across both days on the bike, Preziosi said: “More turning and more confidence with the front, so we have to work in that direction. I would also like to change the (chassis) stiffness, weight distribution, and geometry.”

Rossi’s best lap of 1’33.761 left him 15th on the timesheet by the close of the day on Wednesday, and when asked what it was like to work with the 31 year-old Preziosi said: “Unbelievable. For me to be calm when you are at the top of the timesheet is easy, but to be calm when you are not at the top means you really are a great rider.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Website Find Reply