Thank you Hilton
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Thank you Hilton
I, and I am sure many other visitors to the TT, would like to thank Hilton whose franchise has now ended at that great hotel on Douglas Front.

The hotel has had a number of names including Stakis, Hilton, and Palace and I have stayed there and eaten there for a number of years. I have some extremely happy memories and loved the lunchtime and evening food buffets in what has been the Paragon Restaurant.

The Bike Shed, Manufacturers Conferences, Parties, Manx Radio TT and the Round Bar all come immediately to mind.

The staff have all been so good with attention and friendliness. I have occupied Table One for a good number of TTs, moving to a widow table when I brought in various guests and friends.

I hope that the "atmosphere" and "feeling" will continue even though the Hotel has reverted to The PALACE. I hope we are still welcome for our evening meals. I also hope to make acquaintance with Woody again and finally hope that the hotel continues to employ the same staff who have made our times there so enjoyable................

Bring back the Round Bar (or equivalent) ...Please !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
20-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Website Find Reply
pitlane07 Offline

Threads: 31
RE: Thank you Hilton
(20-11-2010, 07:29 PM)ian huntly Wrote: I, and I am sure many other visitors to the TT, would like to thank Hilton whose franchise has now ended at that great hotel on Douglas Front.

The hotel has had a number of names including Stakis, Hilton, and Palace and I have stayed there and eaten there for a number of years. I have some extremely happy memories and loved the lunchtime and evening food buffets in what has been the Paragon Restaurant.

The Bike Shed, Manufacturers Conferences, Parties, Manx Radio TT and the Round Bar all come immediately to mind.

The staff have all been so good with attention and friendliness. I have occupied Table One for a good number of TTs, moving to a widow table when I brought in various guests and friends.

I hope that the "atmosphere" and "feeling" will continue even though the Hotel has reverted to The PALACE. I hope we are still welcome for our evening meals. I also hope to make acquaintance with Woody again and finally hope that the hotel continues to employ the same staff who have made our times there so enjoyable................

Ian,had somegreat tt times at palace,1978 SMBparty,started at 8 finished at 8.Great nights in whispers ,agree bring back roundbar.Close my eyes can see them all ,in roundbar,ted mcauley ,george turnbull jounalistes,tom herron granty,jock taylor,great times at tt.Woody to be found at Sefton.
PITLANE 07
21-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Thank you Hilton
(21-11-2010, 10:02 PM)pitlane07 Wrote:
(20-11-2010, 07:29 PM)ian huntly Wrote: I, and I am sure many other visitors to the TT, would like to thank Hilton whose franchise has now ended at that great hotel on Douglas Front.

Ian, & Pitane, Who could ever forget that party in 1978, when during the "antics" the manager showed concern about some of the fabric in the bar, and SMBH told him he would buy the bloody place!! During the 1978 and 1979 SMBH campaigns Mikes Ducati's were prepared in the palaces old "generator" room to the rear of the car park. The manager of the hotel made sure that coffee and sandwiches were delivered there on a regular basis whenever the midnight oil was being burned. Would that happen today ??.

Ian,had somegreat tt times at palace,1978 SMBparty,started at 8 finished at 8.Great nights in whispers ,agree bring back roundbar.Close my eyes can see them all ,in roundbar,ted mcauley ,george turnbull jounalistes,tom herron granty,jock taylor,great times at tt.Woody to be found at Sefton.
23-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Find Reply