Blackhorse Kawasaki 2010 Season Review Part 3
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Blackhorse Kawasaki 2010 Season Review Part 3
[Image: blackhorsekawasaki.gif]

Blackhorse Kawasaki enjoyed a very satisfying 2010 season both on the roads, and on the short circuits as part of the British Superbike scene.

The third and final installment covers the period from late summer to early autumn as the busy season concluded with team boss Ian Lougher re-writing the history books at Dundrod and Scarborough, and Victor Cox scoring two top six finishes at the season ending Oulton Park round.

By now it was mid August which meant only one thing, the Ulster Grand Prix at Dundrod and Ian Lougher became the second most successful rider in the history of the event when he romped to victory in the 250cc race taking his tally to 15 wins, with only the great Joey Dunlop having secured more victories. Ian also moves into joint second with 18 wins in the all-time list of most victories round the Dundrod circuit with again Joey Dunlop topping the list. His win on Norman Rank's, Pirate/Berwick Racing 250 was a brilliant display of speed racing, taking the race by the scruff of the neck from the lights he was simply unstoppable as he extended his lead on virtually every lap and he crossed the line at the finish just over ten seconds in front of William Dunlop.

Ian Lougher:

''I always enjoy the Ulster GP, to me it's the best pure road race in the world, and this year's event was no exception. My win on Rico Mendel/Norman Rank's 250 was a lonely ride. I was happy with my Superstock ride on our Blackhorse Kawasaki ZX-10R finishing in 4th position, and felt both the bike and I were performing well. Although I had made it past Ryan Farquhar into 3rd place when the red flags came out, so the results were taken from the previous lap which was a bit of a shame as I would have liked to have given my sponsors, Kawasaki and the rest of my team who worked so hard during the meeting another rostrum position, but it was not to be. As for the Superbike races it was always going to be a struggle riding my Superstock bike against full blown Superbikes, but I ended up with two 8th place finishes and a fastest lap of 130.2mph. So all in all it was not too bad.''

[Image: lougherugp2010.jpg]

Back on the domestic scene and strong finishes at Cadwell Park (10th) and Croft (6th) moved Cox into the top ten in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship as Lougher then returned to Oliver's Mount, Scarborough to extend his wins tally at the Yorkshire venue to 129 with three more successes in the 60th Steve Henshaw International Gold Cup meeting where he was in superb form throughout the weekend. The busy period of racing continued back at Silverstone and David Pearce was left to ponder what might have been in the Metzeler National Superstock 600 race at Silverstone when he crashed out on the sixth lap whilst briliantly battling for a place in the top ten. It was a disappointing end to what had arguably been young Pearce's best performance of the season. There was disappointment too for Victor Cox when the organisers took the somewhat surprising decision to cancel the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 race due to bad light. There was delight for the team however as they were paid a visit by Conor Cummins who really enjoyed being back at the racing and meeting up with all the team after such a long time away.

With the cancellation of Darley Moor due to the atrocious weather conditions, it was then on to Oulton Park for the final meeting of the year. David Pearce would eventually finish 27th in a race where he experienced brake fade in the early stages as he climbed to 22nd place. David takes invaluable experience away from his 2010 season with the team and will reap the benefits of it.

Meanwhile Victor Cox rounded off his season with Blackhorse Kawasaki in fine style when he took the Ninja Superstock ZX-10R to two top six places which included an excellent fitfth in race two, his highest placing of the season and the popular rider finished eighth in the championship to bring the curtain down on a successful, exciting, and at times eventful 2010 for Team Blackhorse Kawasaki.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Website Find Reply