Team Pedercini With Rolfo in 2011 SBK World Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Team Pedercini With Rolfo in 2011 SBK World Championship
[Image: pedercinilogo.jpg]

Team Pedercini is extremely pleased to announce that the new entry and the rider who will ride the new Kawasaki ZX 10R machine in 2011 will be Roberto Rolfo. The 30 year-old Italian rider moves to the Pedercini team after one season in the Moto2 GP class where he took one win at Sepang in Malaysia and a third place at Sachsenring in Germany.

Roberto Rolfo’s World Championship experience stretches back to 1996 when he made his debut as a 250cc wild card at Mugello. He competed in the former 250cc class for seven seasons (he reached 18 podiums and a second place in the 2003 final championship standing) and he also raced in MotoGP for the 2005 term. Roberto already has three years’ experience in World Superbike. In 2006, he raced with team Ducati SC Caracchi, while in 2007 he joined Hannspree Honda Ten Kate team and the year after the Hannspree Honda Althea team. In 2009 he started the season with Stiggy Honda team but after only a few races he was replaced by John Hopkins due to the team’s economical problems.

Team Pedercini has also confirmed its line-up in the Superstock 1000 FIM Cup team. Marco Bussolotti will ride alongside Leandro Mercado and Bryan Staring.

Marco Bussolotti, a 20-year-old Italian rider came in second place twice in Stock 600 championships, last year his season was halted due to injuries incurred following crashes at Brno, but he’s now ready and looking forward to racing again. Argentine Leandro Mercado is eager to prove his full potential, while 23-year-old Bryan Staring is the 2010 Australian Superbike champion. Bryan is the only Australian rider who was able to win 125, 600 and Superbike Australian championships and he has really high hopes for big results next year.

[Image: rolfoheadshot.jpg]

Roberto Rolfo :

”I’m really very happy to return to the Superbike championship. My three years’ experience in this fascinating and competitive championship was unforgettable and I will try my best to improve my preceding results. I immediately established a good feeling with the entire Pedercini family. They are reputable professionals and we are on the same wavelength concerning next year’s targets. I decided to leave Moto2 because I’m eager to ride the new Kawasaki ZX10R and take advantage of all its great power. It feels grand to be back in Superbike and I’m determined to put a good season together next year. I’m looking forward to testing the new bike very soon and getting familiar with it while also getting to better know my new team. This will be my very first time on a Kawasaki bike”.

Donato Pedercini – Team Manager :

”Everyone in our team is absolutely delighted to welcome Roberto back to Superbike. He has been competitive in his previous three years in our championship and we are all looking forward to reaching very good results with him, taking advantage of the big potential of the new Kawasaki ZX 10R. We are sure about his talent, motivation and experience and we’ll do our best to give him a competitive bike too. We have already started working very hard on the new ZX10R. The bike is completely new and we have had a bit of time to work together with our suppliers, with Ohlins and in cooperation with Kawasaki, in order to be ready at the beginning of the season. We are scheduling some test sessions before and after the official pre-season tests in Portimao, during which we will further develop the Kawasaki ZX10R.

Concerning the Superstock team, we strongly believe that a team with Bussolotti, Mercado and Staring will put us in a good position to fight for first place in the next Superstock 1000 FIM Cup.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Website Find Reply