Márquez to tackle Moto2 with Monlau Competición
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Márquez to tackle Moto2 with Monlau Competición
[Image: motogplogo.gif]
[Image: moto2.gif]

The 2010 125cc World Champion will make the step up to the intermediate category in 2011, with CatalunyaCaixa and Repsol both having signed two-year deals to support the young Spaniard’s quest.

Marc Márquez will continue his progress in the World Championship under the watchful eye of manager Emilio Alzamora in 2011, for whose Monlau Competición team he will compete in the Moto2 class next season as a sole rider entry.

[Image: marquezmoto2.jpg]

The 2010 125cc World Champion will make the step up to the intermediate category on board a Suter machine, with support from CatalunyaCaixa and Repsol who have both signed two-year deals with Monlau Competición to aid the provision of the best resources – in both personnel and technical areas – for the 17 year-old’s progression.

Alzamora will assume the position of Team Manager with Santi Hernández as Chief Mechanic. The latter of the two has experience in the premier class having worked with riders such as Valentino Rossi and Sete Gibernau, and significantly has a season’s work with the Suter machine under his belt having filled the role of Technical Chief on the Forward Racing Moto2 team in 2010.

Márquez will now test the Suter machine for the first time at the Jerez circuit on Wednesday, when he starts his preparations for the 2011 season.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply