DEP OF E D ENCOURAGES VISITORS TO CHECK IN WITH AUTHORISED HOMESTAY
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DEP OF E D ENCOURAGES VISITORS TO CHECK IN WITH AUTHORISED HOMESTAY
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ENCOURAGES VISITORS TO CHECK IN WITH AUTHORISED HOMESTAY PROGRAMME DURING TT RACES

Isle of Man Tourism, part of the Isle of Man Government’s Department of Economic Development, has encouraged visitors to use the ‘Homestay’ Programme that operates throughout the TT Races, from 30th May to 10th June 2011.

Demand for accommodation during the event in 2011 is expected to be high across all forms of accommodation including camp sites, hotels and guest houses. The Tourism team runs an authorised service where local residents offer up their houses, flats or individual beds for paying guests on a bed and breakfast or self catering basis.

Isle of Man Tourism registered 670 properties for the TT and Manx Grand Prix periods in 2010 and this year they have already issued an appeal to local residents to provide additional accommodation for visitors to cope with the increased demand because of the Mountain Course Centenary.

All of the registered accommodation providers in the Homestay Programme have their properties inspected to ensure that they are of the required standard. The accommodation provides an affordable way to visit the event with the average price of a night costing around £20 to £25 per person. The full list of accommodation can be found at the Isle of Man Tourism website.

Allan Bell MHK, Minister for Economic Development said:

‘The Homestay scheme is hugely popular with our visitors seeking accommodation during the TT Races when demand outstrips our hotel and guest accommodation availability. We want our visitors to enjoy their experience on the Isle of Man during the TT Races, which is why we encourage them to check out the accommodation on the approved Homestay list as the Tourism team have already carried out site visits to make sure that it meets the required standard.’

He went on to say:

‘We are looking forward to welcoming visitors from all over the world. By offering Homestay you could give them a genuine warm Manx welcome and hopefully make lifetime friendships.’
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Website Find Reply