BMW MOTORRAD ENTERS 2011 MCE BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH HAWK RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BMW MOTORRAD ENTERS 2011 MCE BRITISH SUPERBIKE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH HAWK RACING
BMW Motorrad is to enter the 2011 MCE British Superbike Championship in a joint venture with accomplished team Hawk Racing, backed by renowned national builders’ merchant Buildbase.

[Image: bmwteam.jpg]

The new Buildbase BMW Motorrad team will contest three prestigious British championships next year – two of which the BMW S 1000 RR dominated in 2010 – with three very experienced and talented racers.

Ulsterman and BSB racer John Laverty, who finished in 8th place in the 2010 championship, will be contesting the MCE British Superbike title. Durham-based Barry Burrell, who came 7th in the 2010 Superstock 1000 championship, will enter the Mirror.co.uk BSB-EVO class for the first time. Nottinghamshire man Richard Cooper will once again be fighting for the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 championship onboard a BMW S 1000 RR, having taken a pole position, class lap record and a race win in 2010.

The S 1000 RR is BMW’s first ever supersports machine and has enjoyed huge success both on the track and in the showroom. In its first year, the S 1000 RR took the Mirror.co.uk BSB-EVO title, Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship and the FIM Superstock 1000 Cup. It has also won Motorcycle News’ prestigious ‘Machine of the Year’ award, Fast Bikes’ ‘Sportsbike of the Year’ and has been crowned ‘International Masterbike 2010’.

Hawk Racing was founded by Team Principal Stuart Hicken in 1996 and has grown from a one-rider 600 Supersport team to a slick and professional squad, cabale of fielding a trio of top-level riders in three very competitive national race series, including the world-renowned British Superbike Championship.

Stuart Hicken, Buildbase BMW Motorrad Team Principal, said:

“Working with BMW Motorrad is a wonderful opportunity and one which I believe will be very successful! We’re very excited about working with the S 1000 RR having seen what it’s capable of. And we’re bringing our title sponsor, Buildbase along, who are long-time supporters of British Superbikes. We’ve put together a team of three very talented riders and, with them onboard the S 1000 RR, which is a proven championship winner, we’re looking forward to a fantastic 2011.”

Tony Jakeman, BMW Motorrad UK Marketing Manager, said:

“The prospect of working with Hawk Racing is an exciting one. They’re a very capable team and with them onboard we’re confident that the S 1000 RR will deliver even greater achievements in 2011. We’ll be looking to defend our titles in the BSB-EVO class and Superstock 1000 championship and taking the fight to the MCE British Superbikes, the highest level of racing in the country.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Website Find Reply