Camier continues preparations for 2011 season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Camier continues preparations for 2011 season
[Image: camierapriliatest.jpg]

Ahead of the start of his second season in the World Superbike Championship, British rider Leon Camier has travelled to Phillip Island, Australia for pre-season testing. The 24 year old and his factory Aprilia team begin a three day test on November 30th.

Leon, who has been training in Monaco with professional cyclists Tom Boonen, Stuart O'Grady and Richie Porte as part of his ongoing winter regime, is looking forward to making progress with his Championship winning team, being the first time he has had the opportunity to try new 2011 parts.

"We've got a lot of things to try, which is encouraging. We want to continue work on ergonomics so I can see if I can get more comfortable on the bike; we should have a new tank and a couple of other parts to test. We're going to look at electronics because although we made a step forward at the last test, there's more to come. I've also got some new things with my riding that I've been trying with Keith Code at the California Superbike School that I want to continue to work on. If we get to a point where we're happy we've found a good way forward then I'll start to push for lap times. I don't really use tests to go for one or two quick laps, I'm there to work on overall race pace."

All the signs for a successful test come after a very strong showing at Motorland Aragon four weeks ago. The 2009 British Superbike Champion hadn't ridden properly for 3 months and was still recovering from his broken scaphoid, so used the test to learn the track whilst continuing to build up strength in his wrist. Nevertheless he still managed to finish just 0.7 seconds behind his teammate Max Biaggi, the newly crowned Champion.

Following the test Leon will remain in Australia to train with MotoGP rider Casey Stoner, before returning to Monaco to continue training with Boonen, O'Grady and Porte. He then returns back to Australia in February for an official WSB test and the first round of the 2011 season on the 27th.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Website Find Reply