ParkAlgar Racing - New Year Thoughts
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ParkAlgar Racing - New Year Thoughts
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

Well Christmas is over and just before the New Year I thought I would write my thoughts on 2010 and look forward to 2011.

As you know we have signed Sam Lowes and James Ellison with Miguel Praia continuing for a fourth year. Eugene has led our team in true style for two-years and we have to follow that in 2011 - but with Sam & James I am sure we will continue to be the leading force in the World Supersport Championship. Miguel will also be looking to break into the top 10 overall and make the top five in races. With two top riders alongside him he will have all the motivation he needs to achieve this. We will also run a fourth rider in the team and will make an announcement about this early in 2011.

The technicians lead by Mark Woodage have done a fantastic job on bike development and we have taken our bike forward again. In fact I am amazed at what we have achieved and I know our bike will be more than hard to beat.

I see my old mate Guy Martin has been shooting his mouth off again in the Irish press. Apparently the bikes we prepared for him to compete in the Scarborough Gold Cup were not up to scratch. That boy certainly has one of the bigger excuse books in racing. However, after he brought the bikes back in very second hand condition my men cleaned them and did basic preparation since they had not been ridden in anger. Then Marshall Neil came and collected them to race the Supersport race at Oulton Park BSB and then the end of season Sunflower races in both the Supersport bike and the Superbike. William Dunlop rode the Superstock bike in the Sunflower Superbike races as well.

In answer to Guy's continued petty criticism Marshall finished a fine seventh in the Oulton Park Supersport race before going to the Sunflower races and actually beating our team to win both Supersport races, finishing runner up in the first Superbike race and running with the leaders again before crashing out of the second race. William also said the Superstock bike was the best he had ridden. The bikes never missed a beat and without me saying anymore I think this answers all Guy's comments. Either he needs some better technicians or just get on with riding instead of shooting his mouth off when he fails. Maybe even a bit of both.

We have agreed a new deal with Wilson Craig to continue building and preparing his bikes and have extended the deal to provide a chief technician at all events. Cameron Donald takes over as the rider with our friend Guy joining the TAS Suzuki team. Cameron is still one of the fastest ever riders round the TT course and I fully expect him to add to his TT victories. TAS have my commiserations but I am certainly looking forward to the contest alongside our World Superpsort effort. It will be interesting to see if TAS let Guy take the bikes to his farm to try and ruin them like he did with Wilson's machines.

We will test in the New Year beginning at the official Portimao test before moving on to Aragon. We then return to the workshop to prepare for the Philip Island race. We test there for two days ahead of the race so we should be in tip top shape for the start of the season. I know the top thee riders Eugene, Kenan and Joan Lascorz have all moved on but I know this series will once again be a great battle and we will be looking to go one better than the last two years and lift the title for the first time.

I can't wait for the action to start, bring it on.

Happy New Year to you all.

Cheers

Simon
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Website Find Reply