AP Kawasaki Set To Challenge For Superstock Titles
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
AP Kawasaki Set To Challenge For Superstock Titles
[Image: apkawasakihdr.jpg]

AP Kawasaki is aiming for double success in the 2011 Metzeler National Superstock Championships with a two-rider attack in both the 600cc and 1000cc classes.

Following on from last season's three rider line-up, the Lincoln-based squad will field Leon Hunt and Anthony Haywood in the Superstock 1000cc class who will be joined by Josh Wainwright and Freddie Russo in the Superstock 600cc class at each of the 12 rounds which support the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Hunt and Haywood will race the brand new and hugely anticipated Kawasaki ZX-10R for Alan Greig's team whereas Wainwright and Russo will campaign the established ZX-6R which proved so competitive in last year's series.

22-year-old Hunt from Brighton was a regular points scorer in the series last year, with a best result of tenth at Knockhill before moving up to the BSB-EVO class towards the end of the year whilst 26-year-old Haywood from Chesterfield contested the Superstock 600cc class in 2010, claiming a best result of ninth at Croft.

20-year-old Londoner Wainwright was a regular front runner in Superstock 600, taking a podium at Cadwell Park in August whilst 21-year-old Brentwood rider Freddie Russo scored a podium in the same class at the very first round at Brands Hatch but was injured at Knockhill in mid-season to scupper his bid for further honours.

Leon Hunt: "I really enjoyed my first year in the Superstock 1000cc class last year but we had a little bit of bad luck and I had to train harder to get used for the longer races. I feel confident going into this season and hope to be at the sharp end aboard the brand new Kawasaki ZX-10R which I've heard so many good things about."

Anthony Haywood: "Things started to come good towards the end of last season for me so I'm hoping to continue where I finished off. I learned a lot in my debut year and set myself achievable goals so that's what I aim to do again this year. I'm very excited about racing the new Kawasaki ZX-10R on which I'm aiming for top ten results."

Josh Wainwright: "This is my second season with AP Kawasaki so it's great to be with the same team on the same bike and I am confident I can challenge for the title. We have good base settings for the bike now so there's no reason why I can't fulfil my expectations and be winning races from the start."

Freddie Russo: "Last year was going well until my big crash at Knockhill and when I came back, I struggled with both fitness and confidence. Hopefully, that's behind me now and I want to work back up to scoring podiums and can't wait to start testing before racing at the opening round at my local track of Brands Hatch."

Alan Greig, Team Manager: "We are taking what we learned from last season and plan on putting it to good use for 2011 as we intend to challenge for both championships. We have four very good riders trying to do that and all the team has high expectations of them succeeding so hopefully, we'll have lots to celebrate this season."

Ross Burridge, Racing Co-ordinator, Kawasaki Motors UK: "AP Kawasaki have had a great first season in 2010 and with their new rider line-up announced for this year, I am positive they will be a strong force to be reckoned with. Both their presence in the paddock and their professional approach to the job in hand have been commended by not only Kawasaki UK but also fellow teams and competitors. I really do feel they have a great chance to win championships in 2011."

The opening round of both the Metzeler National Superstock 600cc and 1000cc Championships
kicks off at Brands Hatch on Easter Monday (25th April).
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Website Find Reply