Bogdanka PTR Honda sets sights on World Supersport title
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bogdanka PTR Honda sets sights on World Supersport title
[Image: bogdankaptrlogo.jpg]

BOGDANKA PTR HONDA is a new Polish team entering the 2011 World Supersport Championship that starts as one of the favourites thanks to its vastly experienced riders James Ellison and Pawel Szkopek using race-winning PTR (Performance Technical Racing) developed Honda CBR600RR bikes.

The new team is a multi-year partnership between Bogdanka Racing and PTR.

LW Bogdanka is an undisputed leader in the Polish coal mining business as the country's only stock listed mine, while PTR is the race organisation behind the dominant Parkalgar Honda World Supersport Team that has won 12 out of the last 25 Championship races.

Bogdanka Racing entered the Czech Republic round of the 2010 World Championship as a wild card with Daniel Bukowski using a PTR bike and he scored 13th place and took nearly two-seconds from his personal best lap time. That performance was enough for both parties to explore a partnership together in 2011 and 2012.

Bogdanka Racing Director Michael Igor Piasecki said: "This partnership sees Poland's first World Championship full-time race team and it is starting at the very highest level with proven technical ability and a realistic chance to win a World Championship thanks to PTR.

"This is a partnership, it is not a sponsorship. PTR will help to operate and organise the team alongside Parkalgar Honda out of the same garage and there will be shared branding with the Parkalgar squad. Bogdanka PTR Honda is employing Polish staff to work on the project alongside British engineers.

"This is one of the best opportunities for Poland to win a World Championship in any motorsport in 2011 - we have the best bikes and in James Ellison one of the pre-season favourites. Pawel Szkopek is the best rider in Poland right now and the eight times national Champion will learn quickly from his team mate - we expect him to be featuring at the sharp end of the results."

Ellison is a previous World Endurance Champion and double European Superstock Champion, as well as Brtitish Superbike runner-up and multiple race winner. He said: "I made the choice to ride for this team and in this Championship because I know I have the ability to win the World Championship. I could have taken different rides but I believe in this project and my only aim is to win the title - that gives me a strong platform to advance my World Championship career."

With a season of World Supersport experience in 2005 under his belt and undoubted talent, Pawel Szkopek is also ready for the challenge ahead. He said: "This is my big break and I intend to take it. The Bogdanka PTR Honda bikes will be some of best on the grid and James will be an inspiration to me to learn from - and with time I want to race with him and challenge at the front of the races."

The team will debut at the official WSBK Portimao test in Portugal on 26-28th January before moving on to Aragon in Spain on 31st Jan - 1st

February. At Aragon the team will welcome Marcin Walkowiak on a Bogdanka PTR Honda Fireblade that he will campaign in the FIM Superstock 1000 Championship in 2011.

Walkowiak is a 20-year-old Polish talent that is ready to challenge for top positions. He said: "Last year I learnt a lot on the European tracks and now I am ready to step up to battle with the leading pack. This is my aim and to progress my career with Bogdanka PTR Honda in future years."

PTR Director Simon Buckmaster said: "We are delighted to have created a long term partnership with Bogdanka Racing and to developing Polish motorcycle racing talent. With Marcin it is our first attempt at the Superstock Championship but we are confident we can provide a title-challenging bike.

"James is a Championship contender straight away and we are keen to unlock the potential that Pawel obviously has. It is an exciting time for Bogdanka PTR Honda, we look forward to making our mark in 2011."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Website Find Reply