Crescent over the moon to secure Hopkins
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crescent over the moon to secure Hopkins
The Crescent Racing team have signalled their intention to regain the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship title after confirming today (Wednesday) that they have signed former MotoGP sensation John Hopkins ahead of the new season.

Team Owner Paul Denning has worked with Hopkins before in the premier class and believes that his calibre will put him in a prime position to win back the title for the team. Crescent Racing once again had the title cruelly snatched from their grasp at the final round last year, but this has made them more determined to return stronger for the 2011 season and with Hopkins onboard they have their sights firmly set on success.

Team Manager Jack Valentine said:

"It's fantastic that we have been able to get a rider of John's talent to sign for Crescent. He is a great rider and always exciting to watch, plus he's tasted podium success in MotoGP, so he is certainly bringing great experience with him to the BSB grid. He's really focused on racing at the highest level and sees BSB as his stepping stone to get back to world level. The whole team is looking forward to working with John and we are all sure this is going to be a great adventure for all concerned."

Denning concluded:

"I've never been as excited about a BSB season as I am about 2011. It's great to keep the team together and to be working with John again is a real opportunity. This isn't about money or politics for either of us - it's about ambition and determination and John is putting everything he can into this. It's been a tough couple of months for the BSB team, but the loyalty and support of so many partners and friends has been superb. We're looking to repay them and I hope we add significantly to the excitement of the superb BSB series in 2011."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
19-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Website Find Reply