Parkalgar Honda is go
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Parkalgar Honda is go
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

PARKALGAR HONDA racers Miguel Praia and Sam Lowes start their assault on the 2011 World Supersport Championship tomorrow (Wednesday, 26th January) when they take part in the opening official test at their home track of Parkalgar in Portugal.

There are three days of testing at Parkalgar before the team moves on to the new to the calendar Aragon circuit in Spain on 31st January and 1st February for further tests and to get to know the track.

Miguel:

"It will be important to get off to a quick start at this test and I am coming into it after the most thorough winter season preparation I have ever had. It is great to be starting at our home track here at Parkalgar and that means I can concentrate on getting up to speed. The team has worked hard over the winter and there are improvements to the Parkalgar Honda race bikes so I am looking forward to testing them. With the top three riders from last year moving on I feel there is a big opportunity to perform this season and go for podium finishes. I need to work on my speed and I aim to be a front runner this year."

Sam:

"I just want to get started and riding my Parkalgar Honda. This is a shakedown test for us as I don't know the circuit that well but it is nice that I am starting my official WSS career at the team's home. It feels good and it is a big step up for me to be here. I hope the weather is good for the test and now I just want to get onit."

[Image: slowesparkalgar1.jpg]

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager:

"Parkalgar is our home track and it is very good to be here after a productive winter developing the Honda CBR600RR on the dyno and in our workshops. The team has worked hard and we have made performance gains. Obviously it is Miguel's home track and we are expecting him to step up firmly into the top 10 this year and this is the start of fulfilling that ambition. Sam is new to the team and Championship so it is a fast learning curve for him but he is equal to it and we look forward to seeing what he can achieve with his incredible talent on our bike."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Website Find Reply