Aitchison Joins Pedercini For 2011
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Aitchison Joins Pedercini For 2011
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

The line-up of the Pedercini Kawasaki WSBK team has been completed by the signing of Australian rider Mark Aitchison, who joins the squad in time to make a start at his home round at Phillip Island.

Mark will team up with Roberto Rolfo in the Superbike class, completing what will be a strong two-pronged attack over the 13-round season. The team will also be bolstered at the first round in Australia on February 27 by regular Pedercini Superstock 1000 FIM Cup rider Bryan Staring, who will ride as a wild card a his home round.

Said Aitchison of his dream move to the Pedercini Kawasaki setup,

“To say I am excited now about the season ahead is a major understatement. To race in the World Superbike class has always been a dream of mine and to be given this opportunity with a team that has such a long history in World Superbike racing is something I am very proud of. I would like to thank all the Pedercini family for giving me such a wonderful chance to be a part of their team and I look forward to repaying their faith in me by focusing all my motivation and dedication toward this project. In Phillip Island I'll be riding and racing the bike for the first time, so even though it will not be easy, I understand that this is a long season. I'm looking forward to this new challenge, and I'm especially looking forward to getting back to the Phillip Island circuit, which I love to race on.”

[Image: aitchison1.jpg]

Before the first round in Australia Mark will have the chance to test the new Ninja ZX-10R in a two day official IMS test at Phillip Island, on 21 and 22 February.

Team owner Danilo Pedercini said of his new signing,

“I’m very satisfied with the agreement reached with Mark Aitchison and I’m delighted to welcome him on board. He’s an excellent addition to the team; I appreciated his riding qualities and his determination. Mark is full of enthusiasm and has a passion for racing. Together we will take on this new challenge and we firmly believe he will quickly grow. Mark is strongly motivated and he’s on the same wavelength as we are in terms of projects and targets. He’ll test the new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R during the next Phillip Island test and of course the first two races will not be easy for him, but I’m sure that all our technicians will help him to be competitive very soon.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Website Find Reply