New sponsorship deal, new kit and new livery for Jessopp and Rutter in 2011.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: rapidracinghdr.jpg]

Rapid Solicitors is joining Bathams in sponsoring the RidersMotorcycles.com BSB team for 2011, with the team now to be known as Rapid Solictors-Bathams Racing. The team also has long-term backing from Malaysian petrochemical giant, Petronas.

Rapid Solicitors is a nationwide accident compensation company. Their sponsorship programme includes: the Riders team plus National Superstock entry Hull-based Michael Booth (20), the Ducati 848 Challenge and the BSB championship itself.

Phil Jessopp said: “Stuart Higgs, the BSB Series Director, has been instrumental in helping us conclude this deal, which is not only a benefit to us as a racing team, but also benefits the entire championship.”

For the 2011 season the Riders Ducati 1198 R's will have the full fly-by-wire throttle system.

Jessopp said “It means we can break the track up into 16 sectors and dial in the engine braking and traction control strategies to suit each specific sector. We've also now got launch control which we never previously had.”

The relationship with Ducati is strong after the team's first year with Jessopp confirming “We're also on a two-year deal now.”

Chassis spec is updated with new Brembo brakes but is otherwise similar to last year. “Ducati will be up-specing the 2011 bikes all year. There's new engine internals – pistons and cams - coming to reduce the torque and increase horsepower. “Says Jessopp “The current engine is great for the roads but we do need to take drive out of the engine for BSB tracks to make the power more useable. You can do it with electronics but then all you are doing is slowing the bike. It's better if you can achieve the same result by moving the power around.”

Michel Rutter will again be racing alongside Martin Jessopp in the BSB championships, Michael said “People are saying we've now got a factory Ducati but it's not a factory bike in the true sense of the word, we haven't got factory suspension or 10 more people in the garage looking busy! Martin and I have a chance of winning the title, but I won't worry unless we get to the first race and we're at the back of the grid!”

The team will prepare two extra Ducati 1198s for Michael Rutter to race at this year's TT. He will also race at the North West 200 and Macau GP alongside Martin Jessopp, the team's roads programme will have a different title sponsor.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Website Find Reply