[split] A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
RE: A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL
(17-02-2011, 09:27 PM)Paul Phillips Wrote: Larry

If you are suggesting that the Department or any organisation working in partnership with the Department is paying a rider and /or team to compete in the Manx Grand Prix Races, I can confirm your 'usually reliable source' is incorrect.

Efforts will continue to be made with some speed to generate additional income to reinvest in the Manx Grand Prix Festival going forward. Without increased visitors numbers and commercial income streams the viability of the MGP will come into question.

Regards

Paul

Whilst we would all like to keep the Manx on the friendly side of things, we have to look to the future to keep it going. It would not have lasted in its old format. i must admit i was worried my self when things started to move onto a more, shall we say, formal basis. But wether we like it or not money talks. The Manx costs a fortune to put on, and you can call me old fashioned if you wont, but i still think its a priviledge to be able to run my bike round sutch an historic track. To a certain extent, what ever it takes to keep it going, then we have to go with the flow. Once it stops, it won't ever come back again.
17-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL - by shipleymanx - 17-02-2011, 11:30 PM