[split] A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL
It's my belief that TTFMAG or DED or whatever it's called this week have failed to understand what it is that brings visitors to the Manx. Many of them come because they feel alienated by what the TT has turned into. By turning the Manx into a TT clone it will simply alienate them all over again. The MGP appears to have seen a steady increase in visitors over the last few years and I am also of the opinion that TT visitor numbers are declining, and the majority of TT visitors now only come for a long weekend. MGP visitors appear to stay for much longer - better for local businesses.

I don't believe the MGP really needed all this Government hoopla - all it needed was some advertising. Example: All through last year's (and 2009) TT the Ulster GP was heavily promoted on Radio TT. Not once did I hear any promotion for the Manx and this at a time when an advert would have reached it's maximum target audience. Ergo, more bums on seats. Mission accomplished...
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2011, 06:44 PM by sticky.)
18-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL - by sticky - 18-02-2011, 10:46 PM