2011 Manx Grand Prix – Licence Requirements
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2011 Manx Grand Prix – Licence Requirements
[Image: mmccgif.gif]

The Manx Grand Prix is not inscribed with the FIM as an International Non Championship meeting. The MGP is permitted with the ACU and inscribed with the UEM as a "European Open" event.

Therefore as a UEM "European Open" event only riders with a licence issued by a federation of a European country are eligible to enter the event, ie ACU and SACU licence holders must have held as a minimum a National Licence issued by the ACU or the SACU for at least six months prior to the first day of practising on 20th August.

Competitors from other Federations within the UEM must have held as a minimum a National Licence issued by their FMN for a minimum of six months prior to the first day of practising.

For clarification and information, riders with a licence issued by a federation outside of Europe should contact Caroline Etherington, Race Secretary by email mgp@manx.net or phone +44(0)1624-644649.

In addition, to enter the Manx Grand Prix competitors must hold a “TT Mountain Course Licence” issued by the ACU at a cost of £25.00 in addition to any normal licence fees. An application form for such a licence will be forwarded with the MGP Supplementary Regulations. This licence is a requirement for all competitors who wish to take part in the 2011 Manx Grand Prix.

Eligibility for an ACU TT Mountain Course Licence:
  • All applicants, except holders of an FIM International licence or an MCUI National Licence must provide a satisfactory medical report. (FIM & MCUI licence holders having already supplied such reports)

• ACU and SACU licence holders must have held a National licence for Road Racing for a minimum of 6 months prior to the start of the event.

• Competitors from other FMNs must have held a National Licence for Road Racing issued by their FMN for a minimum of 6 months prior to the start of the event.

• Official Result sheets confirming the following requirements must be supplied with the application: - All applicants must have competed satisfactorily in at least 6 Road Race meetings in the 13 months from 1st June 2010 to 30th June 2011. Competing satisfactorily means taking part in the meeting and as a very minimum being classed as a finisher in at least one race during the meeting and below for a definition of a race race. Qualifying for the 2010 TT or Manx GP races will count as one meeting and finishing in a 2010 TT or Manx GP race will count as a second meeting. A competitor who competes in both the TT and Manx GP may count a maximum of three results towards the six required results. The description of a road race is detailed below in blue.

• Closing date for the receipt of completed Licence application forms at ACU House: 14th July 2011.

Road Races

A Road Race must take place on a metalled and sealed surface (tarmac surface) making a continuous predetermined course which has the general characteristics of an ordinary highway. The race will consist of several consecutive laps of the above course and will be between several competitors. The course can be purpose built or can be public roads closed to permit racing to take place. The winner being the competitor with the fastest overall time for the race. Events such as Sprints and Hillclimbs where competitors race against the clock between two or more points are not classed as Road Races. “

Please note a “TT Mountain Course Licence” issued by the ACU does not guarantee an entry into the event.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Website Find Reply